Linnaeus invites and rewards real-time interaction, manipulating the filter’s natural response curve in entirely new ways to create subtle and dramatic timbral effects. At the same time, its “Ping Mode” makes it a powerful no-input, self-contained stereo oscillator and FM percussion voice.
This compact 16HP module gives you the unique ability to maintain stability, even as you linearly modulate its resonant frequency through zero into negative ranges. Extensive voltage control of nearly every parameter and an intuitive a one-knob-per-parameter interface let you manipulate the filter in entirely new ways.
- Width: 16HP
- Depth: 25mm
- Power: 140mA@ +12V / 25mA @ -12V
- To fulfill all of your audio or CV filtering needs, Linnaeus features ultra-wide frequency range. Precise 1V/OCT and attenuverted CV inputs make Linnaeus exponentially voltage-controllable from sub-audio to ultrasonic.
- Most state-variable filters provide fixed response outputs. Linnaeus channel output response characteristics are independently and continuously variable from Lowpass, through Bandpass, Highpass and Notch, to Low and High Shelving characteristics. Voltage control of the response characteristics are independently selectable for each of the two channels.
- Linnaeus lets you program linear thru-zero modulation without needing an external modulation source. Just use its integrated modulation oscillator. You can always use any external source, via its External Linear FM modulation input.
- You can process stereo signals or 2 independent mono signals through Linnaeus’s true stereo ins and outs.
- Enable Linnaeus’s “Ping Mode” to use it as flexible stereo signal source with with its own unique sonic flavor.