Module A-174-4 generates several control voltages and a gate signal controlled by a spring-loaded X/Y cross potentiometer (so-called joy stick). The control voltages for X and Y are controlled by the X and Y position of the joystick in the usual way. The third control voltage Z is controlled by the rotation of the spring-loaded joystick knob. The gate signal is generated by a button at the center/top of the joystick knob. As an additional feature four control voltages are generated that are assigned to the quadrants of the Cartesian coordinate system. These quadrant voltages are derived from the X and Y voltages by means of a special algorithm.
- Width: 12HP
- Depth: 50mm
- Power: 50mA @ +12 / 20mA @ -12V
- Because of the construction height of the joystick (about 7 cm) the module cannot be installed into the cases A-100P6, A-100P9, A-100PMS6, A-100PMS9 and A-100PMS12 during transportation as the depth of the case cover is not sufficient. Into the base cases A-100PB and A-100PMB as well as in all other cases without cover the module can be installed without problems. We are about to find a solution for this problem (maybe deeper covers, but this requires also the modification of the cartons).
- Because of the outreach of the lever in the extreme positions (fully left, right or down) it may be necessaey to arrange the adjoining modules in a different way or to install blind panels instead of modules. It depends upon the controls and sockets of the adjoining modules if that's necessary.
- In theory it's possible to remove the return springs for the X and Y potentiometers. For this the joystick case has to be opened and the return springs removed by means of suitable tools. But because of the small friction it cannot be guaranteed that the lever will remain in the last position when it is released. That's why we do not recommend this modification. Even the warranty is void if such a modification is carried out by the customer.
- The joystick is a wear and tear part and is excluded from the warranty !
For this module the bus connection is located at the top because of the position of the joystick at the bottom (in contrast to most other A-100 modules with the bus connection at the bottom)!