Junction is a compact, 4 channel attenuverter, cascading mixer and multiple designed to fine tune the control voltages in your rack to the perfect range for their destinations. Junction can be used as a source of fixed voltage, offset another voltage, or mix multiple voltages together to create complex and dynamic
- Width: 4HP
- Depth: 27mm
- Power: 11mA @+12v / 8mA @-12v
- Each channel on Junction has a knob (1) that acts as a manual control for the attenuverter. Center position (12 o clock) is 0V.
- The first channel input (2) is normalized to +5V when no cable is plugged into it.
- A buffered copy of the input signal of the first channel is present on all of the other inputs from from the first (2) to the last (8).
- This duplication is “cascading” as shown by the arrow graphics on the panel - if a cable is patched into any input, it “breaks” the cascading multiple - all unpatched inputs carry the signal present at the uppermost patched input (or +5V if no inputs are patched). For example, if a signal is patched into the second channel’s input (4) the third (6) and fourth (8) channel inputs would carry a copy of the second channel’s input instead of the first channel input.
- Junction’s channels are mixed on the outputs. The output mixer is also “cascading” - when a cable is patched into an output, it carries a mix of it’s own output and all unpatched channel outputs above it. For example, if only the last channel output (9) is patched, this output will carry a mix of all of the outputs.
- Patching the first channel output (3) would remove it from this mix.
- Even though Junction’s inputs cascade and outputs mix, Junction’s output will clip at the Eurorack power rail voltages of +12 and -12V. It is not possible to output a voltage outside of this range, regardless of the signals patched into Junction.