The heart of Frames is a 4-channel VCA and mixer under tight digital control.
Through flexible input/output mixing and normalling options, it can be patched to serve the following purposes (among others):
- 4-channel attenuator/VCA.
- 4-channel mixer.
- 4-channel programmable CV source.
- Quadraphonic signal dispatcher.
But what makes Frames truly unique is the way in which channel gains/CV levels can be controlled, using a technique inspired by computer animation.
Frames allows up to 20 configurations of the 4 gain knobs to be stored and recalled throughout the course of its big Frame knob.
By rotating this knob (or sending a CV to the Frame modulation input and adjusting its amount with the attenuverter), the configurations are morphed into one another.
With a bit of patching and imagination, Frames can also be repurposed as a 4-channel sequencer, a multi-stage envelope generator or a trajectory generator for quadraphonic panning…
- Width: 18HP
- Depth: 25mm
Power: 90mA @+12V / 30mA @-12V
- 4x DC-coupled signal inputs
- 4x Attenuated signal outputs
- Global signal input normaled to all inputs
- Mix output
- Frame control CV input
- Frame change trigger output
- 4x Channel level control with LEDs for visualizing levels
- Frame control with RGB LED backlight
- Frame CV Attenuverter
- Keyframe creation/suppression buttons