The ES-9 is a Eurorack 16-in/16-out USB audio interface, with DC-coupled inputs and outputs that can be used for both audio and CVs.
With its balanced 1/4" main outputs & headphone socket, it's the perfect one-stop solution for integrating a modular synth and a laptop/tablet, either in the studio or when playing out at a gig.
The ES-9's 14 analogue inputs allow simultaneous tracking or mixing of a large number of sound sources in your modular, while the 8 DC-coupled outputs are perfect for controlling the modular with Silent Way, Max/MSP, Ableton's CV Tools, Bitwig Studio or similar, or for sending audio out to the modular for processing.
For even more outputs (up to 48 more), the ES-9 can be expanded with the ES-5*. It also has a pair of S/PDIF sockets for connecting other digital audio gear.
The ES-9 also provides a pair of MIDI sockets (via a breakout).
- Width: 16hp
- Depth: 50mm
- Power: 451mA@ +12V / 133mA @ -12V (at 96kHz)
ETA : Beginning of December 2020
- USB socket: Type C
- Driver support: class-compliant USB 2.0 (no driver required for macOS and iOS - Windows drivers provided for Windows 7, 8 & 10)
- Channel count: 16 in, 16 out
- Supported sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Audio sample depth: 24 bit
- Analogue outputs:
- 8x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled, Maximum output voltage approximately ±10V
- 2x 1/4" TRS balanced jacks, AC-coupled (main outs)
- 1x 1/4" TRS stereo jack, DC-coupled (headphones)
- Analogue inputs:
- 14x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled, Input voltage range approximately ±10V
- Digital I/O: 1x S/PDIF input (TOSlink), 1x S/PDIF output (TOSlink)
- MIDI I/O: 1 input, 1 output (on breakout)
- Expansion headers: 1 for ES-5, 1 for MIDI breakout
- Panel controls: headphone volume
- Internal mixer: 8x8 crosspoint mixer