The ES-6 is the counterpart to the ES-3 Lightpipe/CV Interface, offering up to 8 channels of CV input with output via an optical lightpipe connection. As with the ES-3, the ES-6 also works well for audio signals, with conversion quality on a par with a regular audio interface.
The ES-6 itself has 6 input sockets; the remaining 2 channels are provided by an expansion module e.g. the ES-7.
Please note that a connected ES-3 or ES-8 is required for operation. The ES-6 gets its clock signals from the ES-3 (which derives them from its lightpipe input) or ES-8 (which has an internal clock).
- Width: 4hp
- Depth: 50mm
- Power: 103mA @+12V / 52mA @-12V
- Sync input: connection from ES-3 module
- Analogue inputs: 6x 3.5mm jacks, DC-coupled
- Input voltage range: ±10V
- Input impedance: 100k
- Digital output: optical, ADAT Lightpipe standard
- A/D conversion: 24 bit, 103dB SNR typical
- Header for connecting expansion modules e.g. the ES-7
Expert Sleepers ES-6 demo from Andrew Ostler on Vimeo.