SOMA Laboratory Illuminator
Regular price CAD$409.00
ILLUMINATOR is an eight channel converter that turns Eurorack and analog CV signals into a voltage that drives LEDs and LED strips, creating a unique light show in sync with your live performance. CV signals coming from your music gear are already pulsating with the different parts and sounds of your track, so there is no need for any kind of programming or light operator.
You can focus on playing your set and let ILLUMINATOR take care of the rest, creating a dynamic visual show that follows your tracks down to every note and beat!
No presets, no memory- just your music driving the lights. Create intense strobe-like effects by connecting rapid hi-hats from your analogue drums, or use slow external LFOs for a moody ambience during your ambient sessions.
- ILLUMINATOR is compatible with standard 12V LED strips that are affordable and widely available.
- LED strips are flexible and typically come with adhesive on the back, so it’s easy to attach them to
- any objects and surfaces, including irregular and unusual ones. It can be your Eurorack case, synth
- stands, walls of the venue, furniture and even your body! This way you can create a unique light
- show that would otherwise require an expensive (and unwieldy!) lighting setup. Everything you need
- for your ILLUMINATOR show easily fits into a small backpack for just a couple hundred euros.
- ILLUMINATOR can also run an art installation, as LED strips are far from its only application. It can
- drive anything that accepts DC 12V with a current up to 0.5A. You can hook up anything from motors,
- electromagnets to old-fashioned filament bulbs. It’s the perfect beating heart for your weird
- mechanical steampunk orchestra. Your imagination is the limit!
- ILLUMINATOR accepts all types of CV signals in the range from 3 to 20 volts. Each of the eight
- channels contains an individual trimmer pot that defines the sensitivity of the channel. It not only
- adjusts the optimal input range for connected CV sources, but it can also set the brightness of each
- LED strip. Default factory setting for all trimmer pots is made for the range of 5V, compatible with
- most gear out of the box.
- Applying bipolar CV is also possible but the negative part of the signal will not light up the LEDs
- (everything below zero will be processed as zero).
- CV signals can be connected to ILLUMINATOR using Eurorack mini-jacks or PULSAR-23-like pins and
- alligator clips. PSU DC IN and all outputs are standard DC sockets 5.5×2.1mm center plus.