Regular price CAD$383.00
Scales is an 8hp dual-channel note quantizer and step sequencer. Fundamentally, it takes an input voltage, quantizes it to notes in a user-defined scale, and sends that quantized voltage to an output, where you can use it as a melodic pitch source for oscillators or any other module that expects to see discreet note values at its input.
Scales goes far beyond the fundamental, allowing you unprecedented control of the pitches and intervals hiding inside your control voltages; turn LFO’s into arpeggiators; random voltages into harmonic counterpoint; and unquantized external CV sequencers into chromatically tuned note sequencers.
Quantization can be locked to an incoming trigger. There are a number of trigger output options as well, ranging from no triggering (good for pitch shifting drones); through triggers that sync with either of the two outputs (or both); to a trigger or gate transmitted in sync with one sent to the module’s TRIG input.
- Width: 8HP
- Depth: 39mm
- Power: 35mA @+12v / 5mA @-12v
- SHIFT/PITCH inputs and A/B outputs operate in a -10v to +10v range with 1v/oct scaling
- 1-octave keyboard for selecting scale notes in real time and LED buttons provide visual feedback of quantizing
- Save and recall up to 35 different scales and sequences, arranged in 5 banks (black keys) of 7 scales each (white keys)
- 35 factory scale patterns included
- High resolution precision DAC for accurate pitch generation
- Adjustable trigger delay
- Input filtering eliminates jitter and glitches
- Low latency with a fast ARM processor
- LEARN function allows you to monitor external sequences or inputs and learn notes from them
- Tuning mode so you can conveniently tune connected VCOs
- ROOT function allows you to set root with or without shifting your current scale to match
- USB port on back for easy updates of firmware