The ‘Orage Magnétique’ project is dedicated to the design of a sound spaciolab, inspired by the sounds recorded by the Huygens-Cassini mission. This quad multimode filter has been designed to simulate the action of magnetic fluctuations on a soundscape. The effects of ionisation variations are modified by the different filter cutoff frequencies and the way they can be synced. The Fluctuations Magnétiques combines 4 independent multi-mode filters with selectable low-pass, band-pass & hi-pass. Each filter can be synced to one another to build to a 48dB low-pass/hi-pass filter or 2 24dB band-pass. The filters A & B and C & D can be used in parallel mode or serial mode. By default this filter is not self-resonant, although it can self-oscillate when creating a feedback path (with a sommateurX6 module). Each filter has its own modulation input (MOD A,B,C & D). Mod 1 modulates filter A & B, mod 2 modulates filter C & D, Mod 1 and Mod 2 inputs have an attenuator. Use the individual or linked outputs to create stereo effects or evolving quadriphonic textures.
- Width: 22HP
- Depth: 30mm
- Power: 36mA @+12v /35mA @-12v
- 4 independant analogue multimode filters with selectable low-pass, band-pass & hi-pass
- Ion : filter cutoff frequency
- Réson : filter résonance
- Each filter can be synced to build to a 48dB low-pass/hi-pass filter or 24dB band-pass.
- Modulation input for each filter
- Individual output for each filter
- Parallel and serial modes