Regular price CAD$269.00
Instead of trying to be a complete instrument, Rings focuses on the key ingredient, the resonator, ready to be excited by envelope clicks, trigger pulses, granular noise or any other audio source produced by the rest of your system.
Three families of vibrating structures are simulated by the module, with CV control over their parameters:
- Strings, membranes and tubes as modelled by Elements’ resonator section (modal synthesis).
- Strings coupled together and vibrating in sympathy, with controllable intervals between them.
- Strings with a variable amount of inharmonicity.
Rings can be configured so that each new note is played on its own virtual string, while the previously played note(s) still decay(s). This unique take on polyphony allows the module to play strummed chords.
- Width: 14HP
- Power: 110mA @+12V / 5mA @-12V
- Three Resonator Models!
- Modal Resonator (as used in Elements)
- Sympathetic Strings (Stack of Comb Filters)
- String with non-linearity/dispersion (comb filter with multimode filter and non-linearities in the loop)
- Pseudo-polyphony of up to 4 notes. Each new note is played on its own virtual string, while the previously played note(s) still decay.
- Main frequency quantized in semitones
- Structure Control changes the response of the resonator
- Brightness Control specifies the brightness and richness of the spectrum
- Damping controls the damping rate of the sound, from 100ms to 10s
- Position specifies at which point the structure is excited